Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Fish Life Final Reflection

I got inspiration for this game from another game that we looked at, however I made my game much more complex. I planned to have an opening page and closing pages; for both wins and losses. I also planned to have the basis of the game be a fish avoiding sharks but going after other fish to eat. I think that I achieved my goal well.

To start off this project, I made the opening page which says the instructions. Then I moved on to the actual game part. After that I added the second level and the closing pages.

I had some problems with my game at first, but I eventually worked through them. One problem I had was that the fish were disappearing, but the score wasn't changing, even though I coded for it to. Eventually, I figured out that I had to add a "repeat forever" block and then it worked. I had some other problems too, but they were simple and I worked through them easily. I could tell that my problems were solved since every time I fixed something, I tested the game. I tested my game by playing it either on the project page or in the display box next to where I assembled the blocks.

My game did work as I intended it to and I am proud of how it came out. I am proud that I managed all of the scripts that I used and all of the sprites that I used well, even though there are a lot of them. I am mostly proud of the finished product and the fact that it runs smoothly with no problems because I never thought I could make my own game. Although there are some things I would fix if I had a more advanced program or a better knowledge of Scratch, I don't have any aspects of my game that I'm disappointed of.

No comments:

Post a Comment